Thursday 31 January 2013

The Hunt/The Prey by Andrew Fukuda

 OHMYGODS FINALLY YAY.

So today, The Prey by Andrew Fukuda came out. It's the second book in the Hunt series, i'm not sure how many books there are going to be in total, maybe only two.
Anyway, today I woke up at 7am and the FIRST thing that I did was open my kindle, go into the Kindle Book Store and purchase my beloved book by the brilliant Andrew Fukuda for £5.99! Pricey compared to most Kindle books, and whilst I have yet to read it, I am 100% certain that it will be worth every single penny!
Anyway, here is the cover for The Prey! :)
The Prey (The Hunt, #2)

DOESN'T THE COVER LOOK REALLY GOOD. That might just be because my favourite colour is blue though.
Anyway, I figured I might as well post a small review of the Hunt, which is actually one of my favourite books EVER.

The Hunt  (The Hunt, #1)

Don’t Sweat. Don’t Laugh. Don’t draw attention to yourself. And most of all, whatever you do, do not fall in love with one of them.
Gene is different from everyone else around him.  He can’t run with lightning speed, sunlight doesn’t hurt him and he doesn’t have an unquenchable lust for blood.  Gene is a human, and he knows the rules.  Keep the truth a secret.  It’s the only way to stay alive in a world of night—a world where humans are considered a delicacy and hunted for their blood.

When he’s chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the last remaining humans, Gene’s carefully constructed life begins to crumble around him.  He’s thrust into the path of a girl who makes him feel things he never thought possible—and into a ruthless pack of hunters whose suspicions about his true nature are growing. Now that Gene has finally found something worth fighting for, his need to survive is stronger than ever.
But is it worth the cost of his humanity?
My Review
Right, so from one of my previous statements, saying that The Hunt was one of my favourite books ever, you can already tell that this will be a positive review, whilst it may be pretty short.
The Hunt follows the life of Gene, a human thrown amongst the vampires. Actually the official term for the vampires isn't vampires. It's a craaazy topsy-turvy world where vampires are called "people" and humans are called "hepers". Gene lives alone in his book, under the impression that all of his family were murdered brutally and drained by "people". He follows all the rules, and honestly if I was thrust into this world i'm not entirely sure I would survive very long. He has to shave EVERY SINGLE LITTLE BIT of body hair he has, even in his private areas. Seriously girls, (and guys) how uncomfortable would that be?! They go to school at night, and obviously being a heper he can't see in the darkness, but if he squints, the jig is UP. He also can't sweat. Not even a little bit. If he sweats, they can smell it. I seriously could not handle that. I have a really low heat tolerance and I overheat WAY too easily.  None of the "people" have to drink water either, so Gene has to find a way to drink water in private if he wants to survive. I don't think I could manage a day without a cup of tea, let alone 17 bloody years!
And as if the rules weren't bad enough, he can't fall in love. There is nobody that he can be with, because if he gets too close, they'll eat him (and NOT in the fun way!). He is the last human/heper, surrounded by bloodsucking beings, who get their kicks from drinking human blood and shoving their elbows in armpits which is uber strange. So weird. So fricken weird.
SO THERE'S A TWIST. Partway through the book, just when everybody thinks allllll the hepers are gone (except for Gene who obviously knows he's human) the Dictator, I can't remember if he's called the Dictator or not, but he's called something like that. THE RULER. I THINK HE'S CALLED THE RULER. Anyway, carrying on, the Ruler announces that there will be a Heper Hunt, and all citizens will receive a lottery ticket, and some people will be chosen to be the Heper Hunters.
I'll give you one guess as to what happens?
Yep. Gene is a Heper Hunt. A Heper hunting Hepers. CLASSIC.
ANYWAY I CAN'T really reveal anything else further on in the book without telling you the storyline, the wonderful, original, captivating, mind-boggling story line.
BUT I will tell you that there is love, drama, and suspense all wrapped up into one big finale.
To conclude my short yet sweet review (I hope you think it's sweet), this book is a must-have for all readers of any genre.

Love, me.


No comments:

Post a Comment