Tuesday 22 January 2013

Review of Night School: Legacy

Legacy (Night School, #2)





In the last year, Allie's survived three arrests, two breakups and one family breakdown. The only bright point has been her new life at Cimmeria Academy. It's the one place she's felt she belongs. And the fact that it's brought the dreamy Carter West into her life hasn't hurt...But far from being a safe haven, the cloistered walls of Cimmeria are proving more dangerous than Allie could've imagined. The students, and faculty, are under threat and Allie's family - from her mysterious grandma to her runaway brother - are at the centre of the storm. Allie is going to have to choose between protecting her family and trusting her friends. But secrets have a way of ripping even the strongest relationships apart...

My Review

After reading the first Night School book by C.J.Daugherty, I was filled with eagerness to read the next book in the series, and when it finally arrived on my doorstep on the 7th of December, I could not wait to devour the book.
I finished Night School: Legacy within a matter of hours. The thrilling, fast-paced story captivated my mind and would not unleash me until I had turned the very last page. The story, following the life of sparky Allie Sheridan within the beautiful walls of Cimmeria academy, yet again fulfilled my needs of adventure and romance, combined with my love of private and boarding school novels.
Whilst Allie fell in and out of love, I continued to fall in love with C. J’s characters, especially Sylvain. I personally felt a sense of betrayal along with Allie at certain points in the story, and I shall say no more!
Once I had finished the book, I felt sad and sort of lost, as if I didn’t know what to do now that it was over. Thankfully, the ending indicates that there will be another book released, and I shall wait impatiently for the third instalment of this gripping series! I would recommend this book to friends and families, whether they were teenagers, or adults. It fills all areas of need for a reader, and keeps you wanting more, long after the very last word.

 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic review - I loved Night School and have Legacy waiting patiently for me - I'm looking forward to it even more now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Legacy. Most private/boarding school books have a paranormal element, like in Dead Beautiful (which is fantastic by the way!) but Night School was different and original, and I still it was amazing! I definitely recommend this book, i'd read it asap if I were you! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    I'm BIIIIIIIIIIG <3 fan of Night school book and I'm glad we share the ssame feeling for wanting to read more of it.
    I want to ask u,if u can,write here or on some other page th full bood ''Night School:Legacy''....cuz here,in my hometown only 1st book of Night School is on sale and I readed it..
    thanks for reading and hope u can somehow help me.

    ReplyDelete